The Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo has the purpose of worship and religion, without any aim of profit. It is committed to the valorisation of the Duomo di Milano in its religious, cultural, historic and civic function, taking care of the maintenance and safeguard of the Duomo, the Museum and the Archive-Library and the related restoration works, and managing the administration of the assets and offerings aimed at those goals.
The Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo adopts, in all its actions, the Principles of following the law, of ethic, transparency, integrity in its relations and rapports with third parties, respect of the dignity of people.
To make those principles concrete, the Direction is committed to constantly apply and enhance a management system for Health and Safety on workplaces (S&SL), according to the law BS OHSAS 18001:2007, that could ease the reach of the following goals and strategic orientations:
• Keep an active role of the Direction in the promotion of continuous improvement in the matters related to the management system;
• Meticulously follow the law about Health and Safety on workplaces and that concerning employment relationship in general;
• Evaluate the processes and activities of the Institution and consequently set and follow a series of objectives about innovation and enhancement as far as safety is concerned, aiming at the prevention;
• Guarantee the correct application of the technologies in use, and, when possible, pursue the enhancement of these technologies or the adoption of more advanced ones as far as safety is concerned;
• Include in-depth evaluations on the topic of health and safety on workplaces in the decisions about future developments;
• Appoint the application of the S&SL management system as primary responsibility to all the managers and the department chiefs;
• Make sure that all the personnel receive proper training and information about the requirements of the management system, and understand its consequences as far as one’s role in the institution and one’s behaviour are concerned;
• Ensure the involvement, participation and sharing of responsibility of all the personnel for the full sharing of the policy and goals of the institution, for the development of a culture aimed at the prevention and mutual respect, for the maintenance and development of proper and safe working conditions;
• Select and promote the development of suppliers and contractors according to the principles of this policy, committing them in keeping a behaviour coherent with the policy itself;
• Develop a reliable and complete system for the collection of the necessary data to organise the management system;
• Carry out tests, inspections and audits in order to identify and prevent possible situations not in compliance with the requirements of the S&SL management system;
• Elaborate and develop safety plans stating the necessary measures and procedures to prevent accidents or emergencies, or to limit their effects;
• Pursue an open and cooperative behaviour with the public, the customers, the Public Authorities and all the parties involved;
• Submit to periodical check the policy and application of the S&SL system, in order to assess its correctness and effectiveness, in the perspective of a constant enhancement.
This policy is communicated to all the organisation’s collaborators and, in general, to all the people who work for the organisation or on its account.
It is available to the public and to whoever requires it.